'It has been five months, since I have spoken to him' - Shikhar Dhawan opens up on his affection for son Zoravar

Shikhar Dhawan and his son Zoravar
Shikhar Dhawan and his son Zoravar. (Photo Source: Instagram)

In a heartfelt note on his son Zoravar's ninth birthday, Indian cricket veteran Shikhar Dhawan revealed the emotional challenges of being away from his son for a year. The post, which quickly went viral on social media, exposed the cricketer's struggle as he expressed his emotions about the distance and the communication barrier between them.

Dhawan, speaking openly in a podcast, explained that his post wasn't about pain but he just wanted to express his inner thoughts. He shared it to send love to his son after five months of no communication, aiming to avoid transmitting negative energy and he didn't really anticipate the post going viral, emphasizing that it was a heartfelt expression. Furthermore, Dhawan expressed hope that his son, in this tech era, might read his post and wish for his happiness. While deeply caring for him, Dhawan acknowledges being emotionally detached, emphasizing a desire not to force a connection.

"I was not in pain. I was just expressing my thoughts. It has been five months since I have spoken to him, I was just expressing emotions. I am an emotional guy and I was just trying to send love to him, because if I will be sad while thinking about him that negative energy will get him. I never realized that this post will go viral. I just wrote it from my heart," Dhawan said candid conversation on the Humans of Bombay podcast.

"I wrote it with a hope that in an era of technology my son might end up reading my post. Wherever he is, I hope he is happy hopefully one day he would come and see me. I am in love with him but at the same time, I am also detached. I don’t want to push him." he continued.

I am a father and I am trying to do my duty: Dhawan

Shikhar Dhawan, who got divorced from his ex-wife Ayesha Mukherjee last year, shared that he writes messages to Zoravar every day without knowing if they are reaching him. Despite the uncertainty, he expressed acceptance of the situation and at this moment he is just trying to fulfill all his duties towards Zoaravar being his father.

"I write messages to him every day, I don’t know whether he is receiving those or not, whether he is reading it or not. I don’t have any expectations. I have accepted it. I am a father and I am trying to do my duty. I miss him. I feel sad but I have learnt to live with it," he further added.

"When I used to go and meet him, he was allowed to meet only twice that too only for two to three hours. I want my son to be around me. I want to hug him.," Dhawan revealed while shedding light on the limited time he got to spend with his son Zoravar.

Dhawan's story resonated with many fans, drawing an outpour of support. The cricketer, who will lead the Punjab Kings (PBKS) team in the upcoming 2024 Indian Premier League (IPL), highlighted the challenges faced not just on the cricketing front but in his personal life, showcasing a side of him that goes beyond the boundaries of the cricket field.



from IPL Live Score | IPL News, IPL 2024 Updates, Squads & Results - CricTracker

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post