'Trained really hard for IPL and World Cup’ - Deepak Chahar reveals plans for India comeback

Deepak Chahar vs Bangladesh
Deepak Chahar vs Bangladesh. (Photo Source: Twitter)

Deepak Chahar had to miss the series against South Africa after his father suffered a brain stroke and was admitted to the hospital for almost a month. He has recovered since then as Chahar is now ready to make his national comeback and is eyeing the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League to get into India’s squad for the T20 World Cup, which is slated to begin on June 1.

Meanwhile, the 31-year-old also missed the three-match T20I series against Afghanistan. Reflecting upon that, Chahar mentioned that he hadn’t trained for a long time as he was busy in the hospital, which forced him to stay out. Following this, he has spent some time in the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru and is ready to make a mark in the IPL, which is the only medium via which the pacer can buy his ticket for the World Cup.

“I was with my father in the hospital for 25 days. He was admitted to Aligarh. We all had to stay there. I was only able to do some exercises. I was not able to do any cricketing activities. That's why I was not ready for the Afghanistan series. I had not practiced for a month or so. After that, I went to the NCA. I started my practice again and now I am fully fit. Everything is good. I trained really hard for the IPL and the World Cup,” Chahar was quoted as saying by ESPNcricinfo.

“I have missed two (T20) World Cups because of my injuries. If I was fully fit, I would have been a part of the World Cup team as well. In any scenario or any team combination, there is always a requirement for a bowler who can bat at Nos. 7, 8, 9. I have done that and scored runs for the Indian team,” he added.

MS Dhoni can play another two or three seasons: Chahar

Chahar shares a very unique bond with Chennai Super Kings skipper MS Dhoni. Speaking about that, the pacer mentioned that Dhoni is like an elder brother to him and credited MS Dhoni for helping him to make it to the national team. Chahar also added that the 42-year-old can play two or three more years in the IPL.

“I see him as an elder brother and I think he treats me as a younger brother. I would say because of him only I got a chance to play for India. I personally think he has a lot to give to cricket. He can play for another two-three seasons. I have seen him bat in the nets. Obviously, he had an injury that anyone can have, people at 24 have that same injury that he has. He has recovered well. For me personally, he should play for another two-three years. (But) it's his call,” Chahar said.



from IPL Live Score | IPL News, IPL 2024 Updates, Squads & Results - CricTracker

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post